Gluten Free Rice Flatbread
Our Rice Flatbread recipe is quick and delicious, a great gluten free hit. Make enough for everyone, because you won’t have leftovers! This is 100% gluten free and takes about 10 minutes to make. Suitable through Stage IV on Feast Without Yeast Diet. We make this all the time.
- ½ c. brown rice flour
- ½ c. white rice flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ⅓-1/2 c. water
- ⅓ c. expeller pressed safflower oil
- additional expeller pressed safflower oil for frying
- Start with equal parts of White Rice Flour and Brown Rice Flour.
- Mix in about ½ tsp sea salt for every cup of flour you use
- Then mix in about ⅓ c. of expeller-pressed safflower oil for every cup of rice flour you use.
- Your mixture should be crumbly
- Slowly mix in enough water to make a thick batter, about the consistency of cookie dough.
- Meanwhile, heat sufficient expeller-pressed safflower oil in a small crepe pan (9 inch) to coat the pan to a depth of about ⅛ inch.
- When the oil is hot enough so a small piece of dough sizzles when you drop it in, you are ready to start cooking.
- Take a heaping tablespoon full of dough.
- Form a rough ball with the dough, then press it out. It should be pressed out to about the size of your palms and should be about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the dough carefully in the hot oil. Don't get burned!
- Repeat with other pieces of dough.
- You can get in 4-5 rice flatbreads at once. Be sure to leave enough space between the rounds.
- Cook on one side until golden brown. Flip over, cook on the other side. Remove from the pan and place on a place or serving dish. Repeat until all flatbreads are made. Serve hot!
- If you are serving later, cover the plate with foil. Place in a warm (200F) oven and keep warm until serving.
- - See more at: https://nutritioninstitute.com/rice-flatbread/#sthash.xbIk0vhk.dpuf